As Christians we are called to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ. If you are anything like me, this is an extremely difficult thing to do. There just never seems to be a good time to broach the subject. To be honest, I am afraid of the awkwardness this discussion might cause.

Running has torn down the awkwardness and created a platform for me to talk freely about my faith. It is my hope that these stories will help draw you closer to our creator – through whom we all have the strength to move mountains.

God has given me a body built for endurance. Over the years, I have run a few races and met many wonderful and interesting people. These posts contain my stories. You do not need to be a runner to relate to these events. We are all running the race of life. We all have our peaks and valleys that we have to climb and descend.

My Family

My Family
My Lovely Wife Christina & Sons: Chase, Cruz, & Dash Dexter

YouTube Video of 2010 McNaughton 200 Mile Trail Run

Thursday, April 8, 2010

200 Mile Run for 200 Wheelchairs Fundraiser

Many of you may already know this, but I’m upping the stakes and running for a reason on May 6, 2010 and I want to let you in on it - a 200 mile trail run through the Green Mountains of Vermont at a race called McNaughton Park in Vermont: http://www.peakraces.com/mcnaughton. I’ve been preparing for this adventure for years – now, it’s even more important to me to get the word out.



So here’s how I became an Ambassador for Free Wheelchair Mission – I’d been thinking about my race and how I could make it into something that would help others. My church (http://www.blackhawkchurch.org) did an offering this Christmas for a charity that sends wheelchairs to people with disabilities living in developing countries. At the time, I didn’t think much about wheelchairs, or how hard it would be to survive without one. It all made sense to me, I put the two together, and now I’m part of the FWM team.

I’ll have a great crew helping me out this May, but the 200 miles we are attempting to run pales in comparison to what many people have to do each and every day of their lives. We’re going to suffer for what, maybe 48 hours? Put that up against a lifetime of pain - there is really no comparison.


Now, this is a race and we are in it to win it, but I am bolder than ever knowing that I’ll be running while raising money for Free Wheelchair Mission. My goal is to WIN, and to raise enough funds for a wheelchair for every mile we are running! That’s 200 miles to run and 200 wheelchairs to raise. I definitely think we can do it. Please help me make a difference, not just in Vermont, but in lives around the world.

Thank you for your consideration. You can donate securely online at: http://fwm.kintera.org/dexterthepunisher