As Christians we are called to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ. If you are anything like me, this is an extremely difficult thing to do. There just never seems to be a good time to broach the subject. To be honest, I am afraid of the awkwardness this discussion might cause.

Running has torn down the awkwardness and created a platform for me to talk freely about my faith. It is my hope that these stories will help draw you closer to our creator – through whom we all have the strength to move mountains.

God has given me a body built for endurance. Over the years, I have run a few races and met many wonderful and interesting people. These posts contain my stories. You do not need to be a runner to relate to these events. We are all running the race of life. We all have our peaks and valleys that we have to climb and descend.

My Family

My Family
My Lovely Wife Christina & Sons: Chase, Cruz, & Dash Dexter

YouTube Video of 2010 McNaughton 200 Mile Trail Run

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Why "The Punisher"? - Endurance Planet Interview (Lisa Smith-Batchen, Sam Thompson, and Ryan Dexter)

On Monday, Kevin Patrick from Endurance Planet interviewed me for part of the "Endurance Planet Hour" along with Sam Thompson and Lisa Smith-Batchen.

Sam was the first to run 50 marathons (actually 51) in 50 states in 50 days. Sam did this to help raise funds for Katrina relief.

Lisa has done and just started another amazing feat (50 miles in 50 states). She is running to raise funds for orphaned children.

You can listen online or download it at: www.enduranceplanet.com/the-endurance-planet-hour-11

From http://www.enduranceplanet.com/: "This week's Endurance Planet Hour focuses on 3 unsung heroes of the endurance sports world. Who are these heroes? Well, there's "Dexter the Punisher" aka Ryan Dexter. There's "Sam the Unseen" aka Sam Thompson. And there's "The Amazing Lisa" aka Lisa Smith-Batchen. Superheroes? I'll leave that up to you to decide. But, without question, they are people who are quietly achieving great things."

I am completely humbled to be a part of the stories from these "heroes".

McNaughton Park in Vermont 200 Mile Trail Run is only 2 weeks away! (www.peakraces.com/mcnaughton).

If you have wondered why the nickname "The Punisher" - you will have to listen to find out.