As Christians we are called to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ. If you are anything like me, this is an extremely difficult thing to do. There just never seems to be a good time to broach the subject. To be honest, I am afraid of the awkwardness this discussion might cause.

Running has torn down the awkwardness and created a platform for me to talk freely about my faith. It is my hope that these stories will help draw you closer to our creator – through whom we all have the strength to move mountains.

God has given me a body built for endurance. Over the years, I have run a few races and met many wonderful and interesting people. These posts contain my stories. You do not need to be a runner to relate to these events. We are all running the race of life. We all have our peaks and valleys that we have to climb and descend.

My Family

My Family
My Lovely Wife Christina & Sons: Chase, Cruz, & Dash Dexter

YouTube Video of 2010 McNaughton 200 Mile Trail Run

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

McNaughton Park 200 Mile Trail Run Race Report via EndurancePlanet Interview

I had the pleasure of talking with Kevin Patrick from EndurancePlanet on Monday. Our interview, along with Lou Joline, was part of the Endurance Planet Hour program that was just posted yesterday.

You can listen to the interview online or download it at: www.enduranceplanet.com/the-endurance-planet-hour-15

From the website's description: This week on The Endurance Planet Hour we hear from two guys who have a tremendous understanding of what it means to persevere. Lou Joline is an accomplished runner and race director who discovered running in his 40's and is still going strong thirty years later. He is our "Trail Nerd of the Month." We also check in with Dexter the Punisher---aka Ryan Dexter---who won the 200-mile McNaughton Park ultra marathon. He tells us about the experience and what it took to keep going when he was convinced his race was over.

Although the 200 mile goal has been reached - we still have the goal of 200 wheelchairs and I'm a little short. Can you help me reach this goal? I know we can hit 200 wheelchairs. You can donate securely online at: http://fwm.kintera.org/dexterthepunisher