As Christians we are called to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ. If you are anything like me, this is an extremely difficult thing to do. There just never seems to be a good time to broach the subject. To be honest, I am afraid of the awkwardness this discussion might cause.

Running has torn down the awkwardness and created a platform for me to talk freely about my faith. It is my hope that these stories will help draw you closer to our creator – through whom we all have the strength to move mountains.

God has given me a body built for endurance. Over the years, I have run a few races and met many wonderful and interesting people. These posts contain my stories. You do not need to be a runner to relate to these events. We are all running the race of life. We all have our peaks and valleys that we have to climb and descend.

My Family

My Family
My Lovely Wife Christina & Sons: Chase, Cruz, & Dash Dexter

YouTube Video of 2010 McNaughton 200 Mile Trail Run

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Together We Gave 200 People the Gift of Mobility

About six months ago with the help of an awesome crew, I was able to complete the McNaughton 200 Mile Trail Run in Vermont. In conjunction with that race, we were trying to draw awareness for a charity called the Free Wheelchair Mission and raise enough funds to donate 200 wheelchairs (one for every mile I ran).

Last week, we were about $3,000 short of the goal of $11,840 - as each wheelchair costs $59.20 to manufacture and deliver to some of the most remote corners of the globe. These chairs are provided at absolutely no cost to the recipient.

As of earlier this week, with an extremely generous donation we have hit the mark of being able to donate 200 wheelchairs to 200 unique people who would otherwise have no mobility. I would like to share what the anonymous donor shared with me:

Thank you for opening my eyes to this charity. You know how much I enjoy running and forget that its a gift to be able to just walk down the stairs to fill up my coffee cup.
109 different people donated to help make this goal possible - many of which didn't know of this need or this charity before. The magnitude of being a small part of lifting, blessing, and transforming 200 lives touches me deeply and inspires me to want to continue to draw awareness for this cause.

If you are interested, check out the Free Wheelchair Mission's Christmas video to see the kind of transformation our hard work has made possible in the lives of 200 people:



As the Christmas holiday quickly approaches and we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, please consider checking out the Free Wheelchair Missions' Christmas program page at: http://www.joytotheworld2010.org/.