As Christians we are called to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ. If you are anything like me, this is an extremely difficult thing to do. There just never seems to be a good time to broach the subject. To be honest, I am afraid of the awkwardness this discussion might cause.

Running has torn down the awkwardness and created a platform for me to talk freely about my faith. It is my hope that these stories will help draw you closer to our creator – through whom we all have the strength to move mountains.

God has given me a body built for endurance. Over the years, I have run a few races and met many wonderful and interesting people. These posts contain my stories. You do not need to be a runner to relate to these events. We are all running the race of life. We all have our peaks and valleys that we have to climb and descend.

My Family

My Family
My Lovely Wife Christina & Sons: Chase, Cruz, & Dash Dexter

YouTube Video of 2010 McNaughton 200 Mile Trail Run

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

2011 McNaughton Trail Runs


The McNaughton Trail Runs are run on a 10-mile looped course in Pittsfield Vermont (www.peakraces.com/mcnaughton). How many times you want to run the course is up to the individual runner. Officially, the McNaughton Trail Run event is a 30 Mile footrace, 100 Mile footrace, 150 Mile footrace, 200 Mile footrace, or a 500 Mile footrace. So runners will repeat the loops 3, 10, 15, 20, or 50 times. Each loop has 2400 vertical therefore the 30 miler will feature 7,200, 100 miler will feature 24,000, 150 miler will feature 36,000, 200 miler will feature 48,000 and 500 miler will feature 120,000 elevation change.

The 500 Mile race starts this Saturday, April 30 at 12:00 noon Eastern and has a 198 hour cut-off. The 200 Mile race starts next Thursday, May 5 at 6:00 PM Eastern and has a 72 hour cut-off. The 150 Mile race starts next Friday, May 6 at 6:00 AM Eastern and the 30 Mile/100 Mile races starts next Saturday, May 7 at 6:00 AM.

There are currently 4 people signed up for the 500 Mile race! I can't wait to see them out there in person - AMAZING!

Last May, I competed in the 200 miler. A short video can be seen at: www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnGVhGYmRR0

In addition to winning the race, I also raised nearly $12,000 for the Free Wheelchair Mission - enough to donate 200 wheelchairs! I am going back next week to do it again and have an awesome crew of 12 to help me in my attempt.

The reason for this post is two-fold:

(1) I would love it if you could pray for the competitors during this event. As ultrarunners, we are constantly pushing ourselves to see what our personal limits are. There will be many individuals pushing themselves to new limits starting this weekend and running into next weekend. My crew will be updating via TWITTER - although this is a dedicated feed for the 200 mile race - I'm sure they will post updates of all races once we arrive in Vermont next Thursday. You can follow us during the event via TWITTER at http://twitter.com/dexterpunisher

(2) I am again trying to continue to raise money for the Free Wheelchair Mission. I have no fundraising goals to achieve - but wanted again to put it out there. I know that there are a lot of needs in this world, but if you are moved, inspired, or feel anything toward making someone's life better by providing them with mobility please donate. Let's see how many more lives' we can change through these legs. You can donate securely online at: http://fwm.kintera.org/dexterthepunisher